Monday, November 21, 2005

A new form of rejoicing


Chicago went as well as expected. My grandparents' insanity undoubtedly advances as they age but I suppose that's normal. Just a recap of their moments:
  • First and foremost, they picked me and Colin up at Midway, midday (oh ho ho) on Wednesday where we drove on I-55 at 15mph while they bickered over my some-odd great grandfather who invented the first "TASTY laxative."
  • While at dinner at Billy Goats, my step-grandpa leaves five choppy voice mail messages on my cell phone. I call him back and half way thru the conversation, I start cracking up while my grandma bitches in the background and disconnects the phone with her hair. I put my head down and begin crying because I'm laughing. Then I'm laughing because I'm crying because I'm laughing. You get the point.
  • I couldn't ride their elevator alone... I might get raped.
  • I get to their condominium and slip into an intentional coma at 4:30 PM and wake up at 7:30 the next morning with "SHALOM KATY!" notes taped right in front of my eyes.
  • I caught Sam Dehaven's cold, so they took me to Walgreen's to get cold medicine, however, they made me speak to their pharmacist about what we should get.
This is just a few, of course. I still cringe at the thought of coming to a complete stop on I-55 on the way to Midway during 20F snow flurries. Or my ignorant grandma thinking every black human speaks Swahili.


They're still deceivingly cute though.

So yesterday morning, my dad's making up a grocery list and Sam had a suggestion: "What about some hargon gonaxide for my stupid zit!" This resulted in my dad immediately dancing around, shrugging his shoulders while singing "hargon gonaxide" to "hava nagila".

It's Sunday and I'm already ready for the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home